Interview With Christopher Gorton
A little while back we hosted a panel discussion on self-publishing books, one of our guests was Chris Gorton, someone who I had started to get to know on the community. However, as we discussed more and I read his book I realised we had a great deal in common. I decided to invite him back for a one to one interview and a chance to get to know him more.
Chris is a high school science teacher in Florida who has been out in Costa Rica doing missionary work in the past. During his life he has been involved with teaching both scripture and science. Of course, we went over the usual questions such as “How did you become a christian?” and “how did you get started blogging. But we also covered some more specific to Chris.
- How has Chris’s language learning experiences affected what he writes about?
- Has studying a language helped Chris with his writing?
- What is the problem with Christ?
Christopher Gorton’s favourite blogs
Chris Wilson (that’s me but I certainly didn’t prompt Chris!)
But generally Chris prefers reading kindle and paper.
Chris’s top blogging tip
- DO IT! Set some time aside and just write. For Chris he needs to set some time aside to make sure he writes.
- Learning to touch type also helped Chris to make the writing process more natural and quicker.
Find out more about Chris at radicalfish.net, connect with him via his profile on Google plus or check out his book on Amazon (but if you can’t afford it then you can email Chris and he’ll send you a PDF). You can also learn more about self publishing from Chris in the self publishing discussion.
About Chris Wilson
I'm a 27 English as a foreign language Teacher based in Badajoz in Spain. I also run the Christian Bloggers community and enjoy writing in my free time.